531 Dewey Street, P.O. Box 129, Foley, MN 56329
The County Auditor-Treasurer is an elected position serving a four year term. The Auditor-Treasurer and staff are dedicated to serving the citizens of Benton County by offering the best possible service in all statutory and assigned duties.
Overview of Duties
- Collects all county funds owed to the county, much of which are Real Estate and Personal Property taxes.
- Creates reports for the county, state and federal government.
- Performs tax administration including land transfers, name and address maintenance, splits and combines of property, tax calculation, tax increment finance, and special assessments and settlements.
- Administers sale of licenses of Liquor, 3.2 Malt Liquor, auctioneers and more.
- Collects Aggregate Tax.
In addition to the above duties, the Auditor/Treasurer is also the Chief Election Officer of the county, responsible for voter registration, ballot layout and absentee voting. Election duties are performed for both state and county.
Note: Benton County does NOT accept credit cards for payment at the counter.
- Property Tax Administration
- Parcel Information
- License Center
- Driver's License, renewals and duplicates
- Liquor and 3.2 Malt Liquor
- State ID Cards
- Banking and Collections