The Federal Government mandates that states provide child support services to ensure that all children receive the financial support they deserve from both parents. In Minnesota these services are administered by local county governments. In Benton County child support services are available through Benton County Human Services. The Child Support Unit in Benton County collects and distributes more than $5 million annually.
- Location of absent parents
- Establishment of paternity
- Establishment of court orders for child support (basic support, medical support, and child care support)
- Review and modification of orders
- Enforcement of orders – collecting and distributing payments
Services we cannot provide:
- Divorce Action
- Help in getting or changing visitation or custody
- Collection of non-child support debts
- Establishment or modification of spousal maintenance (alimony) orders
- Legal Advice
If you need help with any of these issues you may want to contact a private attorney.
General information is available by calling our agency at (320) 968-5087 or the State Office of Child Support at (800) 657-3954 or (651) 296-2542 (metro).
Parents with a child support case in Minnesota can get up-to-date payment and account information 24 hours a day through the Payment Information Line at (800) 657-3512 or (651) 215-5630 (metro). They can also get information about payments, balances and what is happening on their case through a secure website, www.childsupport.dhs.state.mn.us
You can access the website of the Child Support Enforcement Division of the Minnesota Department of Human Services at www.dhs.state.mn.us/ECS/Childsupport.
Public access to court forms for child support, custody, and visitation matters is at www.courts.state.mn.us click on "forms" in the upper left corner.
If you have questions about child support or would like to apply for child support services, please contact the Child Support Unit of Benton County Human Services at 320-968-5087