Benton Beach (30 +/- Acres)
This 30-acre park sits on the North shore of Little Rock Lake, 2.5 miles East of Rice on County Road 2. Its street address is 130 125th St NW, Rice, MN 56367. Features of the park include:
- Campground with 44 sites for RVs and tent camping (see map for details on water and electricity hook-ups; showers and dump station available) Camping is on a first come first serve basis. No reservations required.
- 18-hole disk golf course (course map)
- Picnic Shelters for rent (rental info/rates)
- Lakeview Center available for rent from May through October, ideal for weddings, family reunions or business retreats (layout,map)
- Horseshoe pits
- Sand volleyball courts
- Softball field with backstop
- Basketball court
A note to park users on swimming in Little Rock Lake: the Park has carried the name “Benton Beach” for decades. However, the County no longer maintains a swim beach at the Park. Summertime water quality in Little Rock Lake tends to discourage swimming. Also, the County chose to participate in water quality improvement efforts on the lake and elected to restore the former beach area back to a native shoreline buffer.
Rice Area Map (440KB PDF File)