The County Auditor-Treasurer is an elected position serving a four year term. The Auditor-Treasurer and staff are dedicated to serving the citizens of Benton County by offering the best possible service in all statutory and assigned duties.
Overview of Duties
- Collects all county funds owed to the county, much of which are Real Estate and Personal Property taxes
- Creates reports for the county, state and federal government
- Performs tax administration including land transfers, name and address maintenance, splits and combines of property, tax calculation, tax increment finance, and special assessments and settlements.
- Administers sale of licenses of Liquor, 3.2 Malt Liquor, auctioneers and more.
- Collects Aggregate Tax
In addition to the above duties, the Auditor-Treasurer is also the Chief Election Officer of the county, responsible for voter registration, ballot layout and absentee voting. Election duties are performed for both state and county.
- Banking and Collections
- Driver’s License, renewals and duplicates
- License Center
- Liquor and 3.2 Malt Liquor
- Parcel Information
- Property Tax Administration
- State Identification Cards
Benton County does not accept credit cards for payment at the counter.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have taken extra precautions to keep the public and staff safe. Additionally, office closures earlier this year have backlogged the DMV traffic significantly. We are focusing on assisting as many customers as we can during each day and appreciate your patience. DMV staff are currently unable to answer questions by telephone because they are busy assisting customers.
Accepted at the counter, by drop box, online, or by mail
ACH DIRECT PAY NOW AVAILABLE FOR PROPERTY TAX OWNERS.
HOURS: Monday - Friday 8am to 4pm
Real ID/Enhanced Driver's License daily cut off time is 3:45 pm.
Title Transfer daily cut off time is 3:45 pm.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ADJUST THE DMV HOURS BASED ON CUSTOMER VOLUME