Thank you taxpayers for your patience during the COVID-19 Office Closure at property tax collection time. We missed seeing all of you in person and look forward to seeing you in the fall.
|ACCEPTED AT THE COUNTER, BY DROP BOX, ONLINE, OR BY MAIL|
** DRIVERS LICENSE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY **
APPOINTMENTS RECOMMENDED FOR ALL OTHER SERVICES
It may take several days for a return call due to very high customer volume. Every effort will be made to return your call as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.
Please click on the links below to access online services:
1st Half Property Taxes Were Due May 15th-Call (320)968-5006 for late payment amount
The County Auditor-Treasurer is an elected position serving a four year term. The Auditor-Treasurer and staff are dedicated to serving the citizens of Benton County by offering the best possible service in all statutory and assigned duties.
Overview of Duties
- Collects all county funds owed to the county, much of which are Real Estate and Personal Property taxes
- Creates reports for the county, state and federal government
- Performs tax administration including land transfers, name and address maintenance, splits and combines of property, tax calculation, tax increment finance, and special assessments and settlements.
- Administers sale of licenses of Liquor, 3.2 Malt Liquor, auctioneers and more.
- Collects Aggregate Tax
In addition to the above duties, the Auditor-Treasurer is also the Chief Election Officer of the county, responsible for voter registration, ballot layout and absentee voting. Election duties are performed for both state and county.
- Banking and Collections
- Driver’s License, renewals and duplicates
- License Center
- Liquor and 3.2 Malt Liquor
- Parcel Information
- Property Tax Administration
- State Identification Cards
Benton County does not accept credit cards for payment at the counter.