Property Tax Refund

How to Apply for a Property Tax Refund:

Property Tax Refunds are issued by the Minnesota Department of Revenue.  Both homeowners and renters can apply for property tax refunds. 


Homestead Credit Refund Forms and Information

Homeowners will need a copy of their property tax statement to complete the refund form.  If you need a duplicate copy, you can download it from the Beacon site.

Instructions for Downloading Property Tax Statement

Download Property Tax Statement


Renter's Property Tax Refund Forms and Information

Your landlord is required by law to give you a completed Certificate of Rent Paid(CRP) no later than Jan. 31. The CRP shows how much rent you paid during the previous year, and the amount of property taxes you paid through your rent. This is the form that you will use to complete your property tax refund.


Questions regarding Property Tax Refunds should be directed to the Minnesota Department of Revenue at 1-800-652-9094  or 651-296-3781