The Jail Division provides custodial care for up to 102 inmates. They also provide court security and transport prisoners.
In keeping with social distancing recommendations and to keep our staff and inmates safe from the COVID-19 virus, jail inmate visitation has been temporarily suspended. Individuals wishing to deposit funds into an inmate’s financial account should follow the link below labeled "Inmate Canteen website" to the online portal.
Jail visitation is temporarily suspended.
- Tuesdays 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Thursdays 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturdays 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- You must be on an approved visitor list 24 hours prior to any visits. It is the inmate’s responsibility to complete a request to have anyone placed on the approved visitor list. Inmate must have a potential visitor’s full name, date of birth, address, and telephone number.
- Visitors must wear proper attire at all times. No cut off shorts, tube tops, half shirts, see through clothing, mesh shirts, shorts must cover to mid-thigh and tops over the shoulders. All clothes must be loose fitting, footwear is mandatory.
- No one will be allowed to visit within the last 15 minutes of any visiting time.
- Each person visiting over the age of 18 must provide a government issued ID that has full name and date of birth.
- No one under the age of 18 is allowed to visit without a legal parent or guardian. The legal parent or guardian must provide a birth certificate each time they visit, it must list the person visiting or the inmates name on the certificate. The individual that is over 18 must be on the inmates visitor’s list also.
- Time allowed per visit is 20 minutes. No exceptions.
- The Benton County Jail reserves the right to terminate or refuse any visit which may constitute a threat to safety, security, or good order of the facility.
To send mail to an inmate, address the letter to:
Benton County Jail
(Place inmate’s name on this line)
P.O. Box 159
Foley, MN 56329
Letters / cards / drawings will not be allowed to be dropped off at visiting times. These items must go through the U.S. Postal Service.
Leave a Message
To leave a message for an inmate:
- Dial 320-968-9968.
- When the system answers enter the first 3 letters of the inmate’s last name.
- You will then have 20 seconds to leave a message for this inmate.
Depositing funds into an inmate account
- A TurnKey Corrections kiosk is available in the lobby for cash or credit card deposits into inmate funds.
- Online deposits are also available at the Inmate Canteen website.
- Making deposits online will require you to create a user account.
Benton County Jail - Prison Rape Elimination Act
This office has zero tolerance with regard to sexual abuse and sexual harassment in this facility and will take appropriate affirmative measures to protect all inmates from sexual abuse and harassment and to promptly and thoroughly investigate all allegations of sexual abuse and sexual harassment (28 CFR 115.11).
File a Report
If someone from the public wishes to file a report, they are encouraged to call Jail administration at 320-968-8180 or the Central Minnesota Sexual Assault Center (CMSAC) at 320-251-4357.
Please note: Data as reported in 2019.