Benton County Parks are open year-round, but please note the following restrictions and exceptions:
- The Benton Beach campground opens May 14, 2021. [Due to campsite spacing requirements, available campsites may be limited].
- Rental facilities at Benton Beach including, Lakeview Center and Shelters, are currently available for reservations. Please keep in mind Benton County is taking all reasonable steps to ensure the rental facilities are open and accessible to you on the date of your reservation. However, conditions related to the COVID-19 pandemic and related Executive Orders from the State of Minnesota may not allow the County to open the facility on your requested date.
For more information on the Lakeview Center and Shelter reservations, please call 320-968-5292.
- All other areas of County Parks are open. The County encourages residents to visit parks while maintaining social distancing, as recommended by the CDC and the Minnesota Department of Health.
The County has a stated goal to develop, maintain and manage a County park, trail, and open space system to meet the needs of the community by utilizing various methods of fiscally responsible strategies. The County hopes to achieve this goal by:
- Enhancing and maintain the existing park system to meet the intergenerational needs of the community
- Ensure that there is a balance within the County park system that creates connections between rural and urbanizing areas of the County
- Take advantages of opportunities to acquire new park and open space areas; promote the development of trails
- Promote the sharing of facilities of recreational facilities and consider various funding options in acquisition of parkland
There are currently seven parks in the un-incorporated areas of Benton County consisting of approximately 354 acres with frontage on the Mississippi River and access onto Little Rock Lake. View a map of our parks (PDF).