The Federal Government mandates that states provide child support services to ensure that all children receive the financial support they deserve from both parents. In Minnesota these services are administered by local county governments. In Benton County child support services are available through Benton County Human Services. The Child Support Unit in Benton County collects and distributes more than $5 million annually.
We are able to provide the following services:
- Enforcement of orders - collecting and distributing payments
- Establishment of court orders for child support (basic support, medical support, and child care support)
- Establishment of paternity
- Location of absent parents
- Review and modification of orders
Services Not Provided
The following are services that we cannot provide:
- Collection of non-child support debts
- Divorce Action
- Establishment or modification of spousal maintenance (alimony) orders
- Help in getting or changing visitation or custody
- Legal Advice
If you need help with any of these issues you may want to contact a private attorney.
General information is available by calling our agency at 320-968-5087 or the State Office of Child Support at 800-657-3954 or 651-296-2542 (metro).
Parents with a child support case in Minnesota can get up-to-date payment and account information 24 hours a day through the Payment Information Line at 800-657-3512 or 651-215-5630 (metro). They can also get information about payments, balances and what is happening on their case through Minnesota Child Support which is a secure website.
You can access the website of the Child Support Enforcement Division of the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
Public access to court forms for child support, custody, and visitation matters is at www.courts.state.mn.us click on "forms" in the upper left corner.