Child Passenger Safety
Car Seat Information & Checks
The Right Seat. The Right Size. The Right Use.
Find out if yours is right… Child Passenger Safety Technicians can answer questions and check your child's car seats. At a check, seats are evaluated for: defects, recall listings, suitability for the age and size of the child, and fit in the vehicle. To get your child safety seats checked, call 320-968-5087 to set up an appointment at the Public Health office. Please allow 30 minutes for each seat to be checked.
Available at no cost to all Benton County residents.
Car Seat Distribution class
Reduced-Cost Car Seats
- Are you expecting a baby?
- Is your infant growing out of the infant carrier seat?
- Is your toddler growing out of the convertible seat?
- Does your 4 to 8 year old need a booster?
Attend a 60 minute class to purchase a new child safety seat and to receive instruction on proper use and installation.
- Must be a Benton County resident
- Income eligible families can purchase car seats at a reduced cost. Call to find out income guidelines (families who are on WIC or children on Medical Assistance are automatically eligible).
- Specific state health plan enrolled families may be eligible to receive a car seat at no cost.
If you are a Benton County resident and have BluePlus or HealthPartners Health Insurance, please have your insurance information available and call Milestones at 320-251-5081 to set up an appointment.
If you do NOT have either insurance listed above, please call 320.968.5087 to see if you are eligible and to register for a distribution class.