Follow Along Program
Learning about your child's development
Follow Along Program (FAP) is a great way to learn if your child is talking, moving, playing and developing on track for his/her age. The Follow Along Program is for all parents of children 2 months to 4 years of age; is done through the mail, and is offered to all families at no cost to you.
The Follow Along Program provides:
- Age related questionnaires about your child's communication, motor skills, self-help and social-emotional development
- Age related questionnaires along with fun activities at your child's age level.
- A response, through a phone call or home visit, from a Public Health Nurse about your concerns.
- Referrals to other supports and resources, as needed.
Help Me Grow
Referral to early intervention services if needed through Help Me Grow. Help Me Grow is an inter-agency initiative of the State of Minnesota (Department of Education, Department of Health and Department of Human Services) partnering with all local service agencies.
About Help Me Grow
Some young children need extra help to learn and grow. Help Me Grow provides resources for families to look at developmental milestones, to learn if there are concerns, and to take the lead in seeking additional support or in referring their child for a comprehensive, confidential screening or evaluation at no cost. (Minnesota children from birth to five-years-old, if found eligible, can receive services in their home, child care setting or school. These services are free regardless of income or immigrant status.)
Other resources that are available:
- Minnesota Department of Health - Infant Follow Along Online Enrollment
- CDC Milestone Tracker Cellphone App
- Help Me Grow: Is your child on track?
- Minnesota Department of Health: Children with Special Needs
- "Learn the Signs. Act Early.” CDC materials
- CDC Positive Parenting resources
- ECFE information and other early childhood education information