Women Infants & Children (WIC)
Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) is the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children. The WIC Program provides healthy foods and nutrition information to eligible individuals. Foods are provided to participants through food vouchers, which are redeemed at approved grocery stores. WIC foods are intended to improve the health status of participants and to prevent certain nutritionally related medical conditions.
- Pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women
- Children up to age five
WIC Participants Receive
- Nutritious foods like milk, cheese, eggs, whole grains, fruits and vegetables.
- Breastfeeding information
- Nutrition and health information
- Referrals to health and social services
- Infants may receive iron-fortified formula.
- Applicant must meet income guidelines (PDF)
- Applicant must live in Benton County
- Applicant must be able to use the foods and formulas provided
- Applicant must have a nutrition or health related need for the program
WIC is free to those who qualify. Working families are encouraged to apply. WIC clinics are held at the Benton County Human Services building in Foley.