Vehicle Registration


Now accepting walk-ins  

Appointments are still available

 Click here to Schedule Your Appointment 

Bring all documentation that is applicable: title, lien release, driver's license or ID card, insurance information.

Motor Vehicle Services

We renew MV tabs, transfer and register Minnesota vehicles and first time title or registration of out of state vehicles. 

Current insurance information is required for purchases of tabs and transfers on motor vehicles.


When renewing your motor vehicle tabs and you did not receive your paperwork in the mail, come in with your plate number and insurance information. We will be able to process the transaction for you. 

If you are picking up tabs for someone else, you must have a fully-completed permission slip to purchase their tabs as well as the current insurance information for the motor vehicle. Bring in your drivers license for identification.

Permission slip and non-use statement for purchasing tabs on a vehicle registered in someone else’s name

Transferring a Title

When transferring a title, bring in the title with a notarized lien release (if there is a lien holder showing on the title) and the odometer reading. If there are two sellers listed on the title, make sure both parties have signed off.

Motor Vehicle-Registration from Out-of-State

  • When someone moves to Minnesota they must submit foreign state title, or current registration if the title is unavailable.
  • Applicants must provide: Current odometer reading, and drivers license or state issued identification card. If there is a lien against the vehicle, the owner must provide the name and complete address of the lender, as well as the date of the loan.
  • Owner’s signature is required on the Minnesota title application.

More Information

If you have any other questions the website for the Department of Public Safety.