- Property Tax Statements & Payments
Property Tax Statements & Payments
Property Tax Statements are the original statement produced to the taxpayers of record as of January 2nd each tax year and do not reflect any abatements or changes made after the original statements were calculated. Tax statements for real estate and personal property are mailed once per year by the statutory deadline of March 31st. Statements for manufactured homes are mailed by the statutory deadline of July 15th. No second notice is sent.
Failure to receive a property tax statement does not exempt the taxpayer from timely payment of taxes due.
Penalty for Late Payment of Property Tax Download Property Tax Statement
Request to change Property Tax mailing address form
Payment Due Dates
If the 15th falls on a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday, the due date is the next regular business day. Taxes become past due after the due date.
|1st half due||2nd half due|
(under $100, due in full)
(under $50, due in full)
|Real Estate & Personal Property|
(under $100, due in full)
Pay Your Property Tax Bill Online
Direct Pay of Property Tax:
Debits your account automatically the day the payment is due. Simply fill out the below authorization for automatic withdrawal and either mail or drop it off at the Auditor-Treasurer’s Office. Authorization will remain in effect until you notify the Benton County Auditor-Treasurer’s office in writing that you wish to withdraw .
Authorization for Automatic Withdrawal-Property Taxes
8:00AM-4:30PM Monday through Friday at the Benton County Government Center. Providing your property tax stubs when making payments allows us to service you faster.
Mail payments to:
Benton County Auditor-Treasurer
531 Dewey St, PO Box 129
Foley, MN 56329
There is a silver drop box located to the right of the front door at the Benton County Government Center, 531 Dewey St Foley, MN 56329.
Your lending institution may be escrowing your taxes for you. If you have questions regarding your escrow, contact your mortgage company or lending institution.
All checks or electronic payments retuned to Benton County for non-sufficient funds (NFS) will be charged a $30.00 NSF fee.
We accept partial payments at any time and your payment will be applied to your property taxes. Be sure to indicate the parcel number(s) when submitting partial payments. First half tax is still due by May 15th and the second half tax is due by October 15th or November 15th depending upon the classification of the property. Penalty will still accrue on any unpaid balance per state statue 279.01 Subd.1.
Things to remember:
- If your taxes are escrowed, the tax payment stub will indicate they are being paid by escrow. If there is an error with the escrow listed or you are no longer escrowed, please contact our office.
- Including your tax payment stubs with your payment ensures accuracy in applying the payment to your parcel. Taxpayers are responsible for insuring that they are paying for all their properties.
- If your mailing address changes, please notify our office so we can update the address in our tax system.
- For delinquent taxes and/or payoff amounts, please contact the Auditor’s/Treasurer’s Office for a current balance due.